As if I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award?! Thank you so much to Karlie for nominating me, it means so much. Go check out her blog where she talks about travel among other things, she’s awesome!
Now, what even is the Sunshine Blogger Award, you may or may not be wondering.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is all about recognizing bloggers for being positive, inspiring, and creative. This award is voted by fellow bloggers to acknowledge their achievements and offer a bit of support.
The premise behind it, i.e. that bloggers nominate each other, is what I love about this award. This way, even small bloggers get a chance to be recognised for all their hard work by people who think they’re 10/10.
What are the rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
Before I begin, is there any particular reason everything is 11? It’s an intriguingly random number and so I figured there must be a reason, otherwise it would just be 10. Even though I’m not superstitious (although I do always say good afternoon Mr magpie and salute when I see one) I’m glad it isn’t 13. If you know why the number 11 is used in this award, let me know!
Right, here are the questions I was asked and my answers to them
1.What is the weirdest food you have tried?
Unfortunately, I am a bit of a fussy eater. I never try new things unless I know that I will like it, hence my very unimpressive food history. However, last Christmas my cousins had an “I’m a celebrity get me out of here” food challenge game and I ended up eating some maggots and crickets and other disgusting things (all dead of course). So, if you consider that food, then bugs would have to be the weirdest food I’ve tried.
2. What is one thing you have been surprised with (good or bad) since getting into blogging?
I’ve actually been surprised with how much time everything takes. I have huge respect for anyone who does this full-time as everything takes so much longer than expected and there’s always something that doesn’t quite go your way. This isn’t really good or bad it’s just a meh thing, just something that surprised me!
3. What is the worst experience travelling you have had?
Luckily I’ve had a pretty good run with travelling, especially to different countries. But my most prominent memory of travelling was when my family went to Devon at Christmas and the Satnav took us down a wrong turning, ended up getting stuck on a cliff and had to be towed by a tractor being driven by a man who was a Hagrid/Santa hybrid. Absolute disaster dahling.
4. What is the best experience travelling you have had?
Definitely when I went to Italy. Rome was gorgeous, and the villa we stayed in afterwards (in Tuscany) was so unforgettably beautiful. The fact that we were there for a wedding made it that bit more magical and I still remember everything about it nearly 10 years later.
5. If you could be any bird, which bird would you be and why?
I actually think about this a lot. Flying would just be so much more convenient (and would require less effort) than walking. I would love to be a robin because they’re so cute and everyone loves them, also because they’re associated with Christmas and obviously Christmas is the meaning of life (note that I have already mentioned it twice in this post).
6. What is your favourite topic to write about and why?
So far, my favourite topic to write about has been reviews, especially movies. Putting my thoughts about a film down into a post makes the memory of watching it for the first time last forever and makes me appreciate the movie a lot more. I cannot wait to write more reviews in the future.
7. If you could quit whatever is bringing in money right now and do anything and be compensated enough to live quite well, what would you do?
Right now a weekend retail job is bringing in money, so I’m really out here living the dream. If I could do anything and be earning enough to live comfortably, it would be a fiction writer of some description. Be it a novelist or a Hollywood script writer, I would just love to be making stories up for a living. If not a writer then 100000% a bookshop owner (think Meg Ryan in You’ve Got Mail).
8. What is your favourite mantra to live by?
This was the hardest to answer because I try to get all inspirational but in reality I don’t ever any of the messages to my own life. Despite this, I always think that if you aren’t doing things that make you happy then you aren’t living your life properly. This is within reason, obviously you have to go to school and do things you don’t want to do, that’s just life. But for things you can control, like your job, then never settle for anything that doesn’t make you happy. If I grow up to be one of those people who dread waking up for work in the morning, I’m living my life completely wrong.
9. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? What is your favourite and least favourite trait of whichever you are?
I never know how to decide, I truly think I’m an introverted extrovert; I love my alone time, and often long for the quiet of my bedroom, but contrastingly, I am loud and bubbly and quite confident. Predominantly, I think im an extrovert. My least favourite trait is feeling like I have to be exciting all the time, if I go quiet people usually notice and think something is wrong, when I actually just can’t be bothered to be loud sometimes. My favourite trait is probably the confidence it gives me, I rarely feel awkward and am always happy to take one for the team and speak to strangers or teachers etc.
10. When you were a kid, what did you want to do when you “grew up?”
Ever since I wrote my first story in year 3 I have wanted to be an author. Other than the occasional change of heart to actress or singer, writing has always been what I’ve wanted to do.
11. You can only choose one food and one drink for the next year-what would it be?
This took a lot of brain power for me, I won’t lie. I’ve come to the conclusion of pizza and water, now I know that sounds boring and basic but hear me out. I was going to say mash because I love it with all my heart, but I would definitely get bored with the same mash everyday for a year. Pizza, on the other hand, has endless options. I could have a breakfast pizza, a dessert pizza, a good old margarita, there are infinite possibilities!. Coke was also my first thought because I do love a coke with a pizza, but water takes the crown as my favourite.
If you take anything away from those answers I hope it is that Christmas is the best and to never trust a Satnav when driving in Devon.
Now for my nominations!
These gals all have beautiful blogs and I have nominated them because they are positive and welcoming, it would mean a lot if you checked their blogs out!
Here are my 11 questions for y’all:
- What is your favourite TV show and why?
- Do you think that printed books have become less popular in recent years due to an increase in audiobooks, kindles and podcasts etc?
- Which movie do you wish you could see for the first time all over again?
- Name your favourite thing about where you live.
- What is your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe right now?
- Bath or shower, and why?
- Name your favourite thing in your room (can be furniture, decoration, anything really)
- Tell a story of when you have laughed so hard you cried.
- Name your favourite OR least favourite thing about blogging.
- Sweet or Salty popcorn?
- Name something you are looking forward to in the near future.
Thank you for reading! I hope that all the nominees have fun with the questions, and I hope you will all enjoy reading one another’s posts!